TCFD compliance statement

We have followed the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) framework and are committed to providing information about climate-related risks and opportunities that are relevant to our business.

We have complied with the requirements of LR 9.8.6R by including climate-related financial disclosures consistent with all of the TCFD recommendations and disclosures. In aligning with the TCFD we have also complied with the BEIS mandatory climate-related financial disclosure requirements under the Companies (Strategic Report) (Climate-related Financial Disclosure) Regulations 2022, details of which can be found below.

Download PDF


Packaging and waste recycling

Products and packaging

We are committed to reducing our product packaging and we are already implementing changes that will help us achieve our longer-term ambitions detailed above. As we refresh our product lines we will also introduce more environmentally friendly products.

Waste recycling

We are committed to reducing the level of waste our business generates and to maximising the proportion that is recycled. Our colleagues share this commitment.


‘ReWorking’ our product offering

As far as possible we ‘reWork’ our product packaging to make it more environmentally friendly. For example, in FY23 we;

Reworked the packaging on our Christmas gift tags, bags and roll wrap to reduce the amount of packaging required; and Reworked the packaging on our kids’ arts and crafts range to reduce the amount of packaging required.


Reducing our environmental impact

We care about our impact on the planet and we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint, minimising waste, and sourcing more environmentally friendly materials and products where possible.

Carbon net-zero targets1:

  • Scope 1 – Net zero by 2035
  • Scope 2 – Net zero by 2030
  • Scope 3 – Net zero by 20452

1 We aspire to achieve our net-zero targets through a 90% absolute reduction in our emissions and by offsetting the remaining 10%. Our targets have been established using a market-based methodology and our FY22 carbon emissions performance is the baseline against which we will measure our absolute reductions.

2 With an ambition to achieve net zero by 2040.